Change an old Registration Number to a new Registration Number
Co-operatives registered under the Co-operatives Act, 1981, have registration number with the following format “K6/3/…/……. “. However, since the implementation of the new Co-operatives Act, 2005 as amended, all registrations have been done on a new computer system and all co-operatives are allocated a new registration number, which has a similar format to the registration numbers used by companies and close corporations.
Co-operatives that have the old registration number, can obtain a new registration number, by submitting a number of forms. This is required to obtain the most recent information of the co-operative.
Once the forms are captured on the computer system, the details of the co-operative will appear on the CIPC website. It will therefore be available to anyone, e.g. banks that need to confirm the registration of the co-operative.
To change the old co-operative registration number, follow these steps:
Register as a Customer
To view information on how to register as a customer, click here. If you are already registered as a customer, and know your customer code and password, proceed to step 2.
Apply for a change to the co-operatives constitution
Print and complete the following forms:
- Form CO-OP2 – List of Directors [Remember the number of directors must be within with the minimum and maximum number of directors provided for in the constitution of the Co-operative)
- Form CO-OP3 – Contact details of Co-operative
- Form CO-OP7 – Part D Number of members
- Form CO-OP6 Special resolution
Scan and e-mail the completed and signed documents together with supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org;
The following supporting documents must be included in your e-mail:
- A constitution that complies with the Co-operatives Act of 2005 as amended. For model constitutions, click here.
- List of original Founding Members & their details (full names & surnames, addresses, identity numbers
Service turnaround time: 20 working days from the date of receipt of the application.
Click here to lodge an enquiry.
Important: Queries relating to transactions already lodged should only be submitted once the Service Turnaround Time has lapsed.
Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
Website: http://www.cipc.co.za(link is external)