Social grant payments at cash pay points
- SASSA will deploy at least one manager to each pay point to assist with queue management and to attend to enquiries – staff will have protective gear (masks and gloves) and carry hand sanitizer
- SAPO has committed to having hand sanitizer for all clients – will be sanitized just prior to joining short queue for payment
- Access to pay points will be limited to control social distancing
- SAPO staff to be equipped with masks and gloves
- Security staff will be equipped with masks and gloves
- PostBank call centre (available 24/7) on 0800 53 54 55 to deal with concerns and complaints related to SASSA/SAPO cards – card replacement, PIN resets and non-payment
As from May 2020 disability and Older Persons Grants will be paid from the 4th day of the month. All other grants will be paid from the 6th of every month.
Grant recipients are required to carry their Identity Documents and South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) cards when travelling on public transport, to assist law enforcement efforts. (https://www.gov.za/speeches/minister-fikile-mbalula-relaxas-hours-public-transport-vehicles-grant-beneficiaries-29-mar)
Grants will be paid. There is no need to withdraw all the cash at once, or to go to points where large numbers of people congregate. Once the grant money is in the account, it will remain there, regardless of when it is accessed.
- SASSA call centre 0800 60 10 11
- Call centre available working hours only
- Link to Postbank call centre for SASSA/SAPO card related enquiries