Join us on Telegram
and get vacancies on your phone!
National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities
– 3978 vacancies
(e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities
– 251 vacancies
(e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
Thuthuka Bursary Fund is a regular provider of financial support for South African students to be successful Chartered Accountant. Do you have what it takes to be successful bursar?
About Thuthuka Bursary Fund
Thuthuka (means “to develop” in Zulu) was formed in 2002 and its main purpose is to provide annual full bursaries to 250 – 300 black and colored South African, especially for those who registered at SAICA-accredited universities, to learn BComm Accounting.
Available Fields of Study
Thuthuka Bursary Fund is mostly concerned in funding Grade 12 graduates and university currently studying in Accounting fields or studying toward Bachelor of Commerce (CB 011) in Accounting and pursuing Chartered Accountant stream.
The universities available for the bursaries are:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town
- University of Pretoria
- University of Orange Free State
- University of Witwatersrand
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University (Mafikeng Campus)
- Stellenbosch University
Selected candidates will be notified by Thuthuka and invited for test and/or interview. After the selection process, the bursary will be awarded after the release of Grade 12 results.
Requirements For Bursary
Thuthuka Bursary Fund provide education financial support for applicants who meet following requirements:
- Applicants must be South African citizens, specifically African or Colored
- Applicants must have minimum of 60% in Mathematics or 5 or above based on NSC Scale of Achievement (not Mathematics literacy)
- Applicants must be the ones with financial needs and will be tested by NSFAS Means Testfor confirmation
- The bursaries only awarded to Grade 12 students who intend to study toward Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting degree
- Applicants had graduated Matric or school for less than 2 years
Applying For Bursary
The closing date of Thuthuka Bursary Fund is on 30 April annually and the application form can be retrieved here:
Please attach the required documents:
- Applicant’s ID
- Parents’/guardian’s ID
- Recent applicant’s ID/Passport photograph
- Parents/guardian’s payslip or affidavit if unemployed
- Final Grade 11 and Grade 12 results, if graduated
- Acceptance letter from university
- Copy of dependants’ in family ID
- Write in separated sheet and the answer of questions: 1.) What is your motivation to be a Chartered Accountant? 2.) Why do you think you deserve the bursary?
- Handwritten short essay on yourself, family and plans for future career
- An official/stamped letter of confirmation that applicants are registered along with the subjects
Send the completed Thuthuka Bursary Fund application from and other documents to:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
PO Box 59875
Contact number 08610 72422