National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
Supplier Quality Assurer Job in Cape Town, Atlantis Nov 2016
West Coast Personnel – Supplier Quality Assurer Job in Cape Town, Atlantis Nov 2016
Jobs opening : Supplier Quality Assurer Vacancy in South Africa 2016
Recruitment Vacancy : West Coast Personnel Latest careers 2016
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Benefits:||Big Co Ben|
|Location:||Cape Town, Atlantis|
A heavy industrial manufacturer seeks a supplier quality assurance engineer.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
Audit and assessment:
- Give support to SQA corporate office by performing regular review/audits of current suppliers manufacturing processes and quality systems in accordance with the company’s sourcing process and/or supplier development programmes.
- Perform regular supplier audits to ensure compliance of products with the company’s specifications and applicable standards.
- Implement and monitor the qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
- Review and approve supplier quality plans by applying PPAP and APQP standards on new part programmes.
- Follow up all the purchase orders, making sure that the orders comply with the clients’ technical specifications in accordance with corporate SQA.
- Collaborate in the audit of FPQ during production process, inspection and assembly at supplier’s facilities.
- Ensure that supplier understands the product and submission requirements.
- Plan incoming raw material inspection and conduct inspections and ensure that focus is placed on part critical characteristics.
- Support an escalation path to supplier quality assurance manager in case of on-going supplier quality issues, on-going bad supplier rating and uncooperative suppliers.
Monitor supplier quality performance:
- Handle quality events, such as product defects, delivery failures and other recorded incidents involving the supplier’s failure to meet requirements in coordination with corporate SQA.
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support.
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions.
- Determine part critical characteristics and require process control on quality control plans.
- Handle NCR on SAP, according SQA corporate evaluation and submit for final approval.
- Track the cost of poor quality per supplier.
Supplier quality development:
- Give support to SQA corporate performing workshops with all the suppliers in order to identify and implement improvement actions; providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical support as required.
- Monitor the supplier’s performance. Prepare and share supplier scorecards.
- Plan and follow Supplier quality improvement plans in coordination with corporate SQA.
- Maintain accurate quality records, certifications, and database for suppliers, as well as required documentation; available and update.
- Use equipment for inspection in good conditions, maintenance and calibrated. Inform and request maintenance/calibration department the related activities for update.
- Contribute to environmental and HSE culture and follow IMS procedures.
- Track, update and report relevant KPI defined by corporate.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or technical college qualification (mechanical engineering/quality assurance).
- Minimum of three to five years’ relevant experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Good communication skills (English).
- Prepared to work overtime when required.
- Great knowledge and understanding of quality processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and think on your feet.
- Physically fit and in good health.
- Knowledge of welding and steel processes will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SAP programs is essential.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/EN 1090 and the application thereof.
- Microsoft Office Skills is essential.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Coast Personnel