SAPS Learnership and BPDLP
The South African Police Service SAPS learnership (South African Police Service learnership) is made every year available within each Province of South Africa. For candidates who want to apply, you have to apply in their own province. Most of this SAPS learnership (South African Police Service learnership) will be available for 18 months and include a monthly stipend. The Metro Police has a couple of offices which are featured precincts in every national region within South Africa. SAPS also offers Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP). BPDLP will be available for 24 months. For further information, click here.
SAPS Learnership Available
This sector provides a couple of different companies which offer a couple of fields. The fields may include the following: The Canine Unit, Road Policing, and Crime prevention, Freeway Patrol, The Equestrian Unit and By-Law Policing.
Requirements of SAPS Learnership
The candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 35. The candidates of SAPS learnership must have detailed curriculum vitae which are completed with contactable references, contact details and also a couple of information that they feel will be important to their application. You also have to include certified copies of all relevant certificates; identity and proof of address which no older than three months. Candidates must be South African residents and citizens. Candidates also have to complete a couple of these requirements:
- You must have Grade 12 or Matric Certificate
- You have to be mentally and physically fit
- You have to be able to communicate in English both written and verbal
- You must hold NO criminal record
- You have to be able to operate computer
- You must hold a valid Code B Driver’s license
- You have to be able to work as a team or individually
- You must have great liaison skills
- You must possess leadership skill
The candidates have to be prepared to take the Oath as decided by the Municipality of concern once the learnership has been completed.