National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
South African Police Service ( SAPS ) Code of Conduct
We, as Police Officials of the South African Police Service commit ourselves to the creation of a safe and secure environment for all people in South Africa by –
- participating in endeavours to address the root causes of crime in the community;
- preventing action which may threaten the safety or security of any community; and
- investigating criminal conduct which has endangered the safety or security of the community and bringing the perpetrators thereof to justice.
In realization of the aforesaid commitment, we shall at all times –
- uphold the Constitution and the law;
- be guided by the needs of the community;
- give full recognition to the needs of the South African Police Service as my employer; and
- cooperate with the community, government at every level and all other related role-players.
In order to achieve a safe and secure environment for all the people of South Africa
we undertake to –
- with integrity, render a responsible and effective service of high quality which is accessible to every person and continuously strive towards improving this service;
- utilize all the available resources responsibly, efficiently and cost-effectively to maximize their use;
- develop our own skills and participate in the development of our fellow members to ensure equal opportunities for all;
- contribute to the reconstruction and development of, and reconciliation in our country;
- uphold and protect the fundamental rights of every person;
- act impartially, courteously, honestly, respectfully, transparently and in an accountable manner;
- exercise the powers conferred upon us in a responsible and controlled manner; and
- work actively towards preventing any form of corruption and to bring the perpetrators thereof to justice.