ZAR845,354 – ZAR1,383,307/annum
– South Africa — Tshwane Metro — Pretoria
Sunday, August 02, 2020
09 Aug 2020 23:59
Senior Manager: Patents and Designs Registry
Job Grade: P5
Ref No.: S230001
Remuneration: R845 354.00 – R1 383 307. 00 Total Cost to Company p/a
To implement and manage the patent substantive search and examination programme and related projects. To ensure the proper administration, governance and risk management of the business unit.
- B. Degree in Science or Engineering; and
- LLB Degree
Minimum experience requirements:
- 5 years of management experience
- At least 5 years practical experience in patents and designs
- Admission as an attorney or patent attorney will be advantageous
Key performance areas:
- To develop and manage the implementation of well researched and relevant strategies to improve the units operations and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the patents, designs and related practitioner registers;
- To develop and manage the implementation of and adherence to approved operating policies, procedures and processes in line with the applicable international conventions, treaties and national policies;
- To develop and manage oversee the implementation of the substantive patent examination and manage the substantive patent examination unit;
- To develop and manage service delivery standards, ensure that they are maintained and improved annually and to liaise with relevant customers and stakeholders in relation to service delivery matters;
- To make input into relevant policy advocacy positions and to represent the CIPC in relevant fora as requested by the organisation;
- To manage and co-ordinate the strategic and business planning and budgeting for the business unit and monitor the implementation of the business plan and related projects;
- · To ensure adherence to human resource, financial and administrative strategies, policies and procedures in the business unit;
- To ensure efficient and effective administration, governance and risk management of the business unit.
Background verification, including criminal record and citizenship checks, as well as a competency assessment will form part of the selection process. It is the applicants’ responsibility to have their foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
CIPC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity in accordance with the approved employment equity plan.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by CIPC.
If you do not hear from us within two months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
CIPC reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
Kindly note that faxed, emailed, posted and or hand delivered applications will not be considered.
For inquiries related to the job content please contact Dr. Nompumelelo Obokoh at 012 394 0394
Should you experience any difficulty in applying please contact the CIPC Recruitment Office at 012 394 5098/3912.
Applicants who have previously applied for this position need not re-apply.
Closing date: 09 August 2020