SASSACares Festive season activations on final lap
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) today finalises the festive season information sessions, which kicked-off on 04 December 2020, as part of keeping clients and the public updated on imminent social grants issues.
These multimedia activations, which were held in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, North West, Gauteng culminated into the final lap in Limpopo, on 23 December 2020.
The activations, amongst others focused on:
- Temporary Disability Grants & Care Dependency Grants lapsing
- Covid-19 Appeals Process
- SRD benefit period extension
- Festive Season Financial Literacy (options to access your grant; Keep your PIN safe; etc)
- Broad Social Grants Information (Types of Grants; Current status of disability grant (temporary/permanent); means test; grant amounts
- Emerging Issues Management: Regulation 11.1; Online Application System; Asylum Seekers; any other relevant issues
In early 2021, activations are part of the SASSA communication and marketing strategy, will also target Mpumalanga and Western Cape.
You can also apply for social relief of distress for temporary assistance.
Toll free: 0800 60 10 11 or CPS 0800 60 01 60
Email: GrantEnquiries@sassa.gov.za(link sends e-mail)