National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
Internship Programme at Sarah Baartman District Municipality
- Revenue Collection and Debtors Administration
- Payment of Creditors
- Payroll Administration
- Cash Flow and Investment Management
- Risk Management and Short Term Insurance
- Bank Reconciliations
- Budgeting and in year reporting
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Supply Chain Management.
- Belong to previously disadvantaged group or background
- Possess a formal qualification in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or Economics
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Office Software Packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak at least two languages spoken within the Council’s area of jurisdiction
- Must be willing to undergo an assessment test
- Preference will be given to those applicants coming from SBDM area of jurisdiction.
How to apply
Closing date is 18 November 2016.
Click here to download the application form or contact extension 041 508 7001 or 041 508 7044 for further information. Applications containing detailed Curriculum Vitae with certified qualifications must be lodged to the CORPORATE SERVICES Section in an envelope marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and stating the position applied for.
The following conditions are applicable:
- All applications or CVs received after the closing date will NOT be accepted.
- All faxed, Public Institution Z83, Department of Labour or Nelson Mandela Metro Municipality application forms will NOT be accepted.
The Council reserves the right not to make an appointment. The District Municipality also does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful except those invited for interviews. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date should accept that their applications were unsuccessful; however they are thanked for showing interest in the District Municipality.
SARAH BAARTMAN DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY DRAWS THE ATTENTION OF ALL APPLICANTS TO ITS DECISION TO RELOCATE ITS HEAD OFFICES OUTSIDE THE NELSON MANDELA METRO MUNICIPALITY AND FURTHER CONFIRMS THAT THE RELOCATION PROCESS WILL TAKE PLACE IN FUTURE. VACANCY NOTICE NO. 57 OF 2016
MR D.M. PILLAY, MUNICIPAL MANAGER – SARAH BAARTMAN DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY PO BOX 318, PORT ELIZABETH, 6000