National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
How to apply for SRD SASSA R350 Grant
Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grants
Applications for the special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress grant are only electronic. If you need assistance to apply, SASSA staff and appointed volunteers can assist.
The Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress amount is R350 per month, from the date it is approved. Applicants will be paid from the month in which they apply – there will be no backpay.
Applicants must be:
- South African Citizens, Permanent Residents or Refugees registered with Home Affairs;
- Resident within the borders of the Republic of South Africa;
- Above the age of 18;
- Not receiving any income;
- Not receiving any social grant;
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
- Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme;
- Not receiving any other government COVID-19 response support; and
- Not resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
What information is required:
- Identity Number;
- Name and Surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
- Gender and Disability;
- Banking details – Bank Name and Account Number;
- Contact details – Cell phone number;
- Proof of Residential Address;
SASSA does not require any applicant to scan in supporting documents such as ID, proof of address or bank statements.
By lodging an application, applicants give consent for SASSA to validate the financial and other information against data sources held by government and financial institutions – including SA Revenue Services and banks.
The provision of false information in an effort to qualify for the grant is an offence and will result in prosecution.
How to apply:
- No paper based applications will be accepted.
- Payment will be effected through a channel of your choice.
- Citizens without bank accounts can also apply. In this case payment will be effected through a money transfer, once all the necessary validations have been completed.
- Once applications are approved, SASSA will request confirmation of bank account through a secure site – this will also be done electronically.
- Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
- APPLICATIONS ARE FREE: There is no charge to apply – applicants are cautioned not to buy “application forms” – these are not genuine and will not be processed.
- Applicants are cautioned not to provide their banking details to anyone.
- SASSA will only request banking information once the application has been approved.
- All beneficiaries and applicants should never give their PIN number or the CVV number on the back of the banking card to anyone – not even SASSA.
Change payment preference
- change from one payment method to another
- opt from receiving the grant at the Post Office to a bank account of their choice or vice versa
- move their payments from one bank to another
- choose a cash send option using a cellphone registerd in their name only
Change your payment preference by visiting https://srd.sassa.gov.za