National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
Copy Editor Job in Cape Town, Foreshore, CBD Nov/Dec 2016
Jobs opening : Copy Editor Work in South Africa
Highbury Media Recruitment careers in South Africa 2016
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore, CBD|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Highbury Media is a large independent magazine publishing company who seeks an experienced Copy editor with a minimum of three years of experience to work on their business titles.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Sub-editing, fact-checking and proof-reading
- Managing copy flow with input from the editor, managing editor, art director and other staff
- Checking and signing-off proofs, and exercising other quality control functions
- Ensuring production deadlines are met
- Delegating work to other copy editors if necessary
- Ensuring a smooth and structured flow of features and other content to print and online publications
- Writing articles if necessary
- Assisting in the creative and design process.
The successful candidate must be able to work well in a small team, have a keen eye for detail, have knowledge of business terminology and be willing to work under deadline pressure.
Please email a motivation letter (200 words) along with your CV (PDF format preferred), outlining what makes you suitable for this position. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be required to take a copy-editing test.
- At least three years of copy-editing experience, preferably in business.
- Ability to sub-edit copy to desired format
- A knowledge of business terminology
- Have an understanding of magazine production requirements and processes
- Ability to work creatively and accurately under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Be a good team player who is nevertheless able to work under their own initiative
- Have problem solving and lateral thinking skills
Be computer literate, particularly with InDesign, and familiar with the internet.