National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Commercialisation Manager within the Natural Resources, Enabling Infrastructure, Public and Professional Services Division. The incumbent will be accountable for developing and driving the commercialisation strategy for the Division. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Lead and implement commercialisation strategies for CSIR technologies in line with national and international legislation and organisational policies;
- Drive commercialisation strategies in alignment with trends, needs and opportunities of the relevant sectors aligned with CSIR strategic objectives;
- Package technologies for commercialisation and secure funding for commercialisation strategies in collaboration with the line managers and Business Development and Commercialisation Executive;
- Develop, lead and manage intellectual property development and protection strategies;
- Account for a robust, balanced pipeline of commercialisation and intellectual property leads per cluster targets;
- Account for market/business intelligence to inform the cluster’s RDI agenda,facilitate development of technologies for current and future competitiveness and ensure collaboration with industry and relevant parties locally and internationally;
- Lead and maintain in-depth stakeholder engagement in industry and the public sector at large;
- Evaluate capital needs and viability of all commercial products;
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation policies and processes;
- Identify funding streams;
- Assess market potential for technologies.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering in an area that is relevant to the cluster;
- At least five years’ commercialisation experience in industry or leading Research and Technology Organisation (RTO);
- Relevant industry experience, demonstrated experience of people management, project management and organisational development;
- Proven track record of securing funding from different streams;
- Proven track record of successful IP commercialisation;
- Excellent communicator with strong business acumen;
- Evidence of high-level stakeholder management and industry-related networks;
- Excellent communicator with strong, demonstrable business acumen; and
- Demonstrated experience of strong people management and organisational development skills.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.