National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
City of Tshwane Police Academy
What is the Academy?
To be the leading safety and security training Institution in South Africa — promoting knowledge and providing professional career education relevant to the needs of the industry.
To provide a high-standard, learning opportunity to empower learners through the rendering of outcome-based safety and security training and equipping them with the relevant knowledge and skills to execute effective service delivery.
How to Enrol:
The Human Recourse Management Section will advertise positions when available.
The process to follow after the positions are advertised is as follows:
- A complete CV — stating all the information of the candidate — must be handed in at the Tshwane recruitment officers, before the closing date of the advertisement.
- The Human Resources Division will handle the pre-selection of the candidates.
- A specific pre-selection process will be followed as indicated by the Department Community Safety. All selection criteria for evaluations is determined by the HOD or his/her nominee.
- After completing the pre-selection process, candidates will undergo interviews and medical evaluation.
- After these processes, the top successful candidates will be appointed as student constables.
12 month training that consists of:
|SA law||Overload control|
|Criminal law||Basic accident recording|
|Specific common law crimes||Completion of Section 56 & 341|
|Criminal Procedure Act||Dangerous goods|
|Law of evidence||Incident management|
|Constitutional law||Stop and approach of vehicles|
|Administrative powers||Practical survival skills|
|Powers derived from certain legislation||Basic first aid|
|Use of force||Drill manoeuvres|
|Interpretation of statues;||Physical fitness|
|Animal Protection Act||Physical Education|
|NRTA 29/1989 & 93/1996||Selected fire-arm skills|
|Systematic examination of vehicles||Dimensions and projections on vehicles|