National Government, Provincial Governments and Municipalities – 3978 vacancies (e.g. Department of Correctional Services, Gauteng Department of Health, City of Tshwane and many more)
Major, National, Provincial and Municipal Public Entities – 251 vacancies (e.g. Post Office, Transnet, Telkom and many more)
2020 Internship Opportunity at Masifundise
Masifundise seeks to appoint a Research and Information Intern to be based in Cape Town.
Masifundise is a civil society organisation with a long track record in the small-scale fishing sector. Its aim is to promote and advance Food Sovereignty in small-scale fishing communities in South Africa, and globally. It aims to do this by empowering fishers and community-based activists to become agents of change within their own communities, organisations, and social movements, as well as facilitating and strengthening participatory governance, enabling fishing communities to secure their social, economic, and political rights and promoting principles of social, economic and environmental justice and the right to autonomy and sovereignty of civil society.
- Support the Research and Information Officer in the planning and execution of desktop and field research activities
- Assist the Programme Officers in conducting Action-Research activities in targeted fishing communities
- Assist with preparing presentations and research briefs on relevant issues related to Food Sovereignty and small-scale fisheries
- Simplify relevant research and information into text to produce popular education materials
- Provide logistical and administrative support to Programme staff
- Must be in possession of, or in the process of completing of an Honours or Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Social Science, Development Studies, Fishery Management, Law or a related discipline
- Strong research experience
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent English speaking and writing
- Ability to work independently and within deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to social justice and to building a progressive grassroots social movement
- Innovative and flexible
- Competency in IsiXhosa, IsiZulu and/or Afrikaans is preferred
All positions will be located in Cape Town, South Africa and South African labour laws will apply.
Closing date: Monday, 20 January, 2020
To apply, please submit a CV with at least 2 contactable references and a writing sample (same document), to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position you applying for as the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Masifundise Development Trust, refer to www.masifundise.org.za